Welcome to Reunion Gold Corporation
Reunion Gold Corporation is a mineral exploration company focused on acquiring and exploring mineral projects in the Guiana Shield region of South America. The Company has assembled a large, strategic land position in North-western Guyana and Eastern Suriname. Reunion Gold's shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "RGD".
Matthews Ridge Manganese project, Guyana
In 2010, the Company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Reunion Manganese Inc., was awarded by the Government of Guyana four prospecting licenses (185 km²) to conduct exploration and development activities for manganese in the North West District of Guyana. In 2011, it was awarded two Permissions for Geological and Geophysical Survey (14,770 km²) surrounding the PLs. The project is centered in and around the abandoned manganese mine at Matthews Ridge and Pipiani which was operated by a subsidiary of Union Carbide Corporation from 1962 to 1968. In excess of 1.66 million tonnes of manganese concentrate were shipped from the mine site during that period.
The main project footprint hosting the manganese mineralization consists of a 15 km-long series of nine hills contained within the Matthews Ridge Formation and is known to extend for more than 40 kilometers of strike.
Reunion commenced exploration in October 2010 with the objective of delineating manganese resources in and around the Matthews Ridge deposits and establishing the economic potential of the project with the help of modern exploration, processing and mining technology. Work is ongoing to define a mineral resource, optimize the process design, and conduct pre-feasibility studies.
On February 21, 2013, Reunion announced an initial resource estimate:
Lely Gold project, Suriname
- Total Unconstrained Measured and Indicated Resources of 32.4M tonnes grading 14% Mn when using an 8% Mn cutoff grade on the footprint of Matthew's Ridge.
- Additional 5.3 M tonnes of Unconstrained Inferred Resources grading 15% Mn at an 8% Mn cutoff grade on the Matthew's Ridge Footprint and from two other prospects.
- Total Constrained Measured and Indicated Resources of 29.1M tonnes grading 14% Mn at a cutoff grade of 6-8% Mn.
- Robust resource model as demonstrated by a 90% conversion rate of the measured and indicated resources from Unconstrained to Constrained Resources.
- Metallurgical testwork indicates good manganese recovery to concentrates of marketable quality.
Reunion Gold can acquire a 100% interest in a 950 square kilometers early stage gold exploration project located in the Lely Mountain area in Eastern Suriname, a region known for numerous artisanal gold producing centers. The Company had initially conducted exploration activities in 2008 but activities were suspended as a result of the financial crisis. In late 2011 and during 2012, the Company has completed a comprehensive stream sediment sampling program and a follow-up program including prospecting, geochemical sampling and geological mapping to investigate several anomalous targets that are being interpreted as potential sources for the alluvial gold deposits in the region.